Healthy Grocery Shopping Tips:
- Make a list beforehand. Making a shopping list will help you to plan ahead and will keep you from forgetting things when you get there.
- Shop the parameters. All of the fresh and healthy foods tend to be on the parameters of the grocery store, while the more processed food is in the middle isles.
- Read labels. It’s always a good idea to know what is in the food you are eating. Looking at the nutritional information on food may help encourage you to make healthier choices.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables as well as some frozen ones. I always buy fresh produce but keep a few bags of frozen ones in my freezer. Then if I run out of fresh before I have a chance to grocery shop again, I don’t have to run back to the store.
- Eat a snack before you go! There is nothing worse than going grocery shopping hungry. You will want to buy every junk food item you see! I usually eat some fruit or a protein bar before making my grocery shopping trip.
Here is exactly what I bought at my last grocery shopping trip:
- Chicken breasts
- Lean ground turkey
- Butternut Squash
- Bell peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- Frozen steamer vegetables
- Low sodium rice cakes
- Egg whites
- Sugar free coffee creamer
- Greek yogurt
- Walden Farms sugar free syrup, chocolate sauce, & salad dressings
- Monster Rehab energy drinks
Happy Grocery Shopping 🙂